Hi! I’m Dorothy. I developed (ha ha, see what I did there?) Saga Shots so I would have a place where I could nurture my photography hobby and maybe meet other amateur photographers along the way. I’m not a professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination, so any advice offered here should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
This site might be fun for you if:
- You like photos or stories
- You’re tired of blogs that only exist to sell you a product
- You’re looking for a little light entertainment without long-winded technical explanations
- You hate pop-up ads and repeated, annoying invitations to sign up for mailing lists. Guess what? I hate them too! They have no place here.
On the other hand, this may not be the place for you if:
- You hate terrible jokes (see above parentheses for example)
- You want highly technical photography tutorials
- You’re looking for someone to shoot your (wedding/family portraits/Christmas card/insert blank here) photos
- You’re looking for free stock or commercial photography. Please do not take images from this website for any reason without written permission.
Of course, all of the above is subject to change at any time. For now, though, this is just a place to hang out, take pictures, and have fun. If you see something you like, let me know! If you see something you don’t like so much, well, I’m open to constructive criticism.
My future goals for this site are to offer some basic tutorials once I feel I have enough experience and maybe offer prints of some of the more popular photos I take. I don’t intend to become a professional photographer in the traditional sense, at least not at this time, but it would be nice if my hobby could help pay for itself.
Need to contact me? Just use the form below, and I’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible!